Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Some Consolation (?)

Well, if you look at enough statistics you can get the answer you want.  After a lot of rummaging around, I found the rankings for just my category of Novice Men, and here things look a little brighter, 17th out of 45!
Of course for many of them, this was their very first triathlon, but we will leave that alone for now.

The guy who was next door in the hotel and who was very nervous about the swim looks to have turned in a good swim, and came in overall a little below me, so I am happy for him and perhaps a little for me as well.  The guy immediately below me ended up there after a 2 minute penalty, so clearly he coveted my spot, nice try buddy!  I even managed to post the 10th fastest run in this crowd.

That's a lot of trying to make myself feel better, but it isn't really working.  The post-racedom depression  just seeps in--mostly because your worn-out body infects your mind, and because the build-up is over.  Since this is the end of the race season for me, I only see a winter of training ahead.  I know I didn't have the race I should have, and I did not train the way I should have.  So yes, the pitty party will continue until moral improves.

No comments:

Post a Comment