Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Strong Week!











Let's take a moment to celebrate the occasional week where you just feel strong, you can squeeze in a couple extra 100m of swimming, go for that extra morning run, and enjoy the confidence of having that extra effort in reserve.  I went swimming with Dr. Sprint, who has done a lot of short Tri's, and had a lot of fun going hard 9X100m in the pool.  I was so velocitized that I couldn’t slow down enough to do a longer set. 

A strong week does great things for your confidence.  At the end of last week, that meant doing  a fast 5 miles in 90+ degree weather knowing that the headache I had at the start would likely come back with a vengeance.  I pushed it all the way, and guess what, no headache!  Have to watch out for over-training in my excitement, so today is a rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment